For the closed category, the participants can either pitch their ideas related to the industries below or propose a solution for the problems occurring in the said industries:
- Finance, insurance and accounting
- Technology and engineering
- Digital media and communication
Closed Category consists only of Phase One – Idea Pitching.
If the participants would like to further develop their ideas, they are encouraged to also join the Open Category.
The following are some suggestions on challenges in the industries to be overcome:
Finance, insurance and accounting
- Trade protectionism and free trade have global implications to investors and consumers. How should nations protect its interests and still enjoy the benefits of free trade?
- Generation Z may seem like a world apart from the rest of us but they are tomorrow’s employees, customers and influencers. How should employers engage with them?
- In view of our economic situation and challenges, what would you expect from the employers in addressing pay imbalance to make ends meet?
- How can a professional body contribute to creating awareness on the importance of risk management?
- At present, following recent corporate decisions leading to a poor outcome for businesses financially, how do you feel corporate governance can play a positive impacting role to mitigate this scenario?
- In your opinion, what will be the implication of China’s One-Belt One-Road initiatives on the roles and demands of the accounting profession?
- What will drive governance, risk and ethics over the coming decade?
- Trends in US / Europe show that visits to physical bank branches are reducing. If this is the case, how should banks transform their branches? In the future, what will branches be used for?
- If banking services become commoditised (ie. all banks appear the same to customers), how can a bank differentiate itself from the rest?
- As future customers of banks, how would you like your relationship to be with them? What experience would you like to have when banking?
- What are the effects of merger and acquisition in the banking sector?
- Does increased vigilance in banking services (i.e. anti-money laundering, counter financing of terrorism) impact the profitability of the bank?
- How should the bank digitalized itself to meet the needs of the future generation?
- What is the impact of FinTech on the banking industry and how should the industry embrace it?
- How would you promote engagement amongst employees of the banking sector?
Technology and engineering
- Train delays have been a recurring headache for the people living in fast-paced cities such as Kuala Lumpur. Citizens who commute via the train to work can relate to this, while it can also disrupt daily plans and potentially cause a massive loss in the economy. How to solve this problem?
- Quietly but deadly, wastage, be it food, trash, energy, or any other forms, has been plaguing our planet, taking up spaces that are better off used for more beneficial means. Mankind and the environment will be doing a world of good if wastage (even time) is reduced to a minimum. How to reduce wastage? You are entirely free to look into any form of wastage and any sort of bizarre yet workable ideas.
- Can halal pharmaceutical be the next big thing in US / Europe Market? How?
- Malaysian companies and Pharmaceutical companies, specifically, are not known for incorporating environmental aspects into its product or service design. What is the best way for Pharma companies to incorporate Ecodesign into its product and/or
services? Will incorporating Ecodesign into pharmaceutical products have any benefit from sales and marketing perspective?
- In your opinion, what would be the winning strategies for a company which is involved in selling commodity products in a Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Government (B2G) environment?
- Generating electricity have always been the business of large corporations which requires major investments. How can end users generate electricity for personal/home consumption?
- The Internet of Things (IoT) has the potential to impact the way we live and work. How might IoT technology drive energy innovation and change the landscape of the energy industry?
Digital media and communications
- The younger generations no longer watch cables tv but go for video on demand services like Netflix, so what changes should be made to address this problem?
…and many more. Be creative and feel free to bring up more problems in the industries.